Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cypress and Succulents



Yesterday was idyllic, so I actually did the Pacific Star Winery painting and this one because I couldn't bring myself to stay indoors! I found myself gravitating toward my favorite stand of Cypress trees just north of the Pudding Creek Trestle, but this time I planted myself right up next to the grove. When I got that close, I was standing in the fire red  ice plant and it was mesmerizing as it also had flecks of lime green, yellow and orange. I decided to omit a beautiful tree that had fallen because I wanted to show you the bluffs and ocean that were hiding behind it, but maybe one of these days that will be my focal point. There was a feeling of celebration in the air as scores of people were out enjoying the amazing weather, so I felt blessed to be doing something productive while soaking up the golden warmth. Good thing that I burned the paintbrush at both ends because today was foggy.................


No comments:

Post a Comment