Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Birch Grove


Click on Title to view image within Blog

Back at the drawing board so to speak, though mainly in preparation for my show and other commissions! Here is the one painting I did while in Sweden, at a delightful summer cottage owned by the woman in the center of the photograph below. We had a MOST delightful 2 night celebration of Midsummer there and even though we are wearing sweaters, the entire event was perfect. The sun did come out and we enjoyed a lovely meal on the deck besides a ferry ride amongst the islands of the southern Archipelago. You can glimpse the very birch grove behind us and it was fun to sit a spell and try to simplify the scene with my watercolors. Happy Summer One and ALL!!!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome, just awesome. You inspire me to think about travel abroad again. I went to France one year ago and had the flight from hell, arriving more than 24 hours late and had NO luggage for 4 days. I thought I was finished traveling overseas.

    ReplyDelete