Monday, November 16, 2015

Celadon Horizon

 
Click on title to view image within my online blog/ Last weekend I had the privilege of teaching a 2 day class at the Mendocino Art Center. On the 2nd day, we went outside to the cypress grove and peered out between the massive trees to this quiet but majestic scene. A storm was coming on and the colors were very muted as the mist and clouds were winning a battle over the sun. The cathedral of trees provided shelter and we enjoyed bantering back and forth about what colors to choose and how to best describe the white water and swirling foam. 'Painting by Committee' is what I sometimes call it when a group is watching me and adding their 2 cents and it's really fun and helpful. I must say that the darkest area within the foreground cliff looks quite black in this photo but has a deep blueish purple color in real life and is much more inviting. Ok, over and out for now but thanks for tuning in.

1 comment: