Monday, May 6, 2013

Gold Flowers and Whitewater



As promised, here is another impression of my glorious day up north. I often include the 'whole nine yards' in my paintings, so in this one I went for the essence which was the carpet of poppies against the aquamarine sea. Simple shapes and simple brushstrokes can make for more impact which is something I am always striving for in my work. I will forever relish the memory of the warm sun, the amazing array of color and the  perfect ocean breeze that honestly felt like God patting my cheek!

1 comment:

  1. Looking at your title really quickly, at first I thought it said " God flowers"...then I realized it said "Gold". But they ARE like God's hand, brushing your mind and heart w/ gladness....nice analogy, Erin. Nice pic!
    Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete