Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Iris Popping



I spent an (almost) idyllic coupla days along the American River outside of Sacramento last weekend. The temps were grand but the wind was a bit of a pain. I took a class by a great painter, Terry Miura and hope that the stuff I saw him paint and talk about sticks to my 'painting ribs'. Always learning, always adjusting and always hoping for better results. I loved the ochre reflections against the periwinkle and the yellow iris was like icing on the cake. Oh, and the path was just so inviting.

2 comments:

  1. This is really terrific. I do not know Terry Miura but I like what was said about sticking with the "ribs" of the painting. Ochre...of course...green and blue...make ochre...sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my favorite colors, Erin! It's BEAUTIFUL !!

    ReplyDelete