Saturday, May 2, 2015

Keeping Watch

 
Click on the title to view image via the Blog
 
I'm taking a watercolor class this weekend from a painter named Michael Reardon here at the Mendocino Art Center. I really like his clearly defined shapes and values plus his masterful and colorful grays. It was terribly cold and foggy today but I forced myself to join the group and paint the tree behind the center. It was challenging because not much comes naturally when you're trying to remember the things that the teacher told everyone to do. Kind of like painting with your less dominant hand or something, as a way to describe the experience. Anyhow, here is my effort and it's fun to tell you that I still love the process of learning, stretching and growing.
 

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful and I loved the watercolor you had in the members show at MAC. We were there today and I wished I knew you were back there painting away in the cold and fog. You do a lovely job in both oil or watercolor and I can't wait to see more. xo, Svetlana

    ReplyDelete