Monday, February 4, 2013

After the Storm



I had a once in a lifetime privilege some years back to see this spectacular sight at the mouth of the Russian River at Jenner. I have often wished that I'd waited for this guy to come back to the dock so that I could get his name and address in order to send him the photo I took, but alas he'll never know. On the way down the coast, my boys and I were in awe and wonder to take in the other worldly light coupled with the majesty of the cliffs and ocean and one of them remarked that it looked like a car commercial out there. Wouldn't you know that around the next few bends we came upon a big truck with a silver Audi in it along with a film crew! The location itself is like none other on earth, but the breaking up of the storm at sunset is a memory that we will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful: just the right amount of detail and brushy color for fun.

    ReplyDelete