Sunday, February 24, 2013

Coastal Ranch revisited



I posted this painting in another version a while back, when I was just emerging from the sickest segment of my sickness. Originally, the foreground was bleached out and you wondered how on earth those cows could care less about those dried up grasses. Now that I've lived with it in my studio, I realized that it needed grounding because that light color also gave it an illusion of floating. Not so good. I like the addition of green grasses with deeper values and hope that you and the cows connect better with it too.

  

1 comment:

  1. I remembered this one as soon as it popped up....it's between you and me, or you and Pt Reye's, right? Yes, I too like the added green grass, but then I'm partial to all things green and blue, with touches of yellow and white thrown in here and there. Probably why I love your ocean / houses scenes so much, b/c they incorporate all those colors. SO GLAD that you're feeling better, Erin! Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete