Friday, February 8, 2013

Last Light on Little Lake Road



Winter sunsets here in Mendocino delight visual junkies like me to no end. The gleam that is created off the white paint of these magnificent Victorians is nothing short of blinding and I find myself in a frenzy trying to find my camera. These houses are our prized possessions as they add grace and glamour with their historic opulence. Yes, that's the Blair House on the far right where they filmed "Murder She Wrote" but the volume of each of these beauties is quite diminished by viewing them from the side. What's wonderful though is how the sunlight has them all dressed up for the parade of viewers, people like me that are charmed year after fabulous year.

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL !! Those houses are my FAVORITE part of Mendocino!

    ReplyDelete