Thursday, August 15, 2013

Deck With a View



Some days, I just don't want to leave home to 'go to work'. This was one such day, so I just wandered around my house and property until I landed on something I thought could turn into a painting. There is a magnificent stand of coastal pines just to the north of us and in between the trees we can see the Pt. Cabrillo lighthouse. I decided to highlight just one of the trees and it somehow ended up with a Japanese woodblock look to it with a formal composition. I just never know just what will happen when the paint hits the page, so I'm almost as surprised as you are when viewing the end result.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.....I would think that Pt Cabrillo would be to the SOUTH of you!

    That tree = standing strong for God. ;o)
    Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete