Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Simply Kelly Street



Sometimes I like to wing it and paint like the 'California Watercolorists' of the 30's, 40's and 50's. Check out my link and you'll learn a bunch of neat stuff about an amazing group of painters. Bigger strokes, bolder colors and simplified compositions are what marked their individuality in a changing art scene. My experiment began when I hoisted my easel, already set up from an earlier painting and tromped down my street and onto the headlands until I found just the right mix of bluff, water and houses. We have the occasional visitor to our frame shop/gallery that ask how many artists we represent. I sheepishly reply, "Just one that seems to have multiple personality disorder", as I like doing all sorts of different things with paint. Gotta keep myself interested since it's a daily pastime...................

No comments:

Post a Comment