Friday, February 28, 2014

All in a Day's Work revisted



I posted this painting a while back but the boat and boatman were BORING. Who would want a painting of Venice without a gondola and gondolier???? The initial reason for this piece was my being drawn to the dark buildings and the shadows they cast on the sunlit water. The boat was in the right place but it just didn't communicate well. I have had this painting hanging around my studio speaking to me about the times I've stood on the Academia Bridge, gazing toward the Grand Canal and daydreaming about Monet's paintings of that view. Disneyland in real life.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have your patience to just put the painting aside until you know you what to do with it. I get so anxious that I keep at the not-working painting until I finally put it in the trash. This is really a lovely painting and makes me want to go to Venice again. I haven't been there for more years than I believe I even have lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Good work. Wish I had more wall space...Brian

    ReplyDelete