Thursday, September 4, 2014

Still Alive and Well



It is sad to see that it's almost been a month since my last post. While I've been dealing with a bit of sickness, I've also been QUITE busy with a few projects. First off, I'll tell you about the little watercolor I'm posting and then the rest of the news. I took my group to Monet's Garden and the Impressionist Museum in Giverny on July 11th and we had a most delightful time. It wasn't a day for painters, so after we feasted on the garden visuals we were able to spend a bit of time exploring the village. I plunked myself down in a shady spot and found that this sweet little lane caught my attention. No time to shop in the antique store behind the open door, but we can all imagine that it was chock full of wonderful and dusty French stuff right? 



Now, onto the big news of the decade. I say that because I have been wanting to create both a teaching video and a set of small coffee table books for at least that long. My son Levi shot footage of me doing 3 different paintings here in Mendocino County and we are almost finished editing the first one. Hurray! After editing, I will add voice-over narration to explain all my techniques and artistic decisions. I'll shout out again when it is complete and let you know how to obtain one for yourself or a painter friend.



Finally, here is the cover of the upcoming book. The first one will showcase my blog posts of Mendocino paintings and the fun things I had to say about each image. Hope you want to snag a copy or two and I'll be letting you know when those are available. Thanks for your patience and I hope you hear from me more often. Next week is the Mendocino Open Paint Out, so I'll be painting a blue streak and not sure how often I can post but don't give up on me!!!!


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you're getting so much closer to realizing the completion of this book and the video. Ed and I were at your house the weekend that Levi came up to begin this video project w/ you! May God BLESSSS this endeavor, Erin! Please tell Tomas "hello" from us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! Love the cover, and your latest paintings and so thrilled that you are well and working again - Much love to you from Poros!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your successes and pursuits. All of it is very admirable.

    ReplyDelete