Wednesday, September 10, 2014

More Plein Air Work

Faybell in the Sun 10x5

Noyo Relic 12x9

Patterns of Light 10x5

I did the sunset piece last night and the other 2 this morning. You can sure tell the difference between the top two where I used a palette knife and the lower one a brush. I keep myself from getting bored this way. These pieces are hanging at the Art Center and the Noyo Relic might already be sold to a couple that watched me paint it today at Sea Pal Cove where I had lunch. I was all alone and thought business was slow, but one by one, each outdoor table filled up and by this time I had my painting going and ended up putting on a show for all the diners. Crazy huh? The foggy painting of Faybell sold to a Canadian couple that visited the Art Center, so things are humming right along this week. I've also got a show opening this weekend at the Highlight Gallery here in Mendocino.  I feel like a painting machine but it's a good feeling after the lull I experienced after coming home from France...

3 comments:

  1. You GO, girlfriend!! SO SO PROUD of you, Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting and fun to participate in this event. Maybe I will come out there to paint with you at next year's plein air event. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, love all 3 of these, especially the palette knife ones. If the Noyro Relic does not sell, please send m e an email. Ben and I think of you and Tomas often and look forward to the day when we can return to Mendocino!

    ReplyDelete