Friday, September 26, 2014

Silver Sea



This week has been a lot of fun as I've been doing some 'fun time' painting with 2 friends. We spent each day in a large open studio with lots of elbow room but one evening when the light was beyond belief, we had to step out and do some plein air work. Yes, you've most likely seen me paint this house before but not often is the ocean brighter than the sky. It was almost blinding to look at as the sun was peaking down through the oncoming rain clouds. Great light. Great friends. Great pastime.

2 comments:

  1. You have captured the feel of this last weeks weather, with threatening rain clouds but partial openings in the sky full of sunny color and a lovely soft breeze cooling off the mugginess.
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting of the house and gorgeous backdrop begs for a story. Tell us about the house. Needless to say you are so lucky to live where you do. When I look out my door, I see cottonwood trees that look like dying old men, scrappy cactus with mean thorns. My friends have fled to a water view or at least a mountain view.

    ReplyDelete