Wednesday, November 5, 2014

More Galivanting


It has been entirely too long since I have posted but you must know that I haven't stopped painting! After Shelter Cove it was Yosemite and I was able to dabble in watercolor again which was both delightful and challenging. On the last day a few of us plopped down amongst the trees and shrubs to catch the last sunrays on the glorious Ahwahnee Hotel, one of the country's beloved destinations. The weather was spectacular, cool in the mornings and evenings but hot during the day. We had to paint in the shade in order to keep from being sunburned and certainly reveled in all that magnificence bathed in golden light. It was unforgettable and I hope to return again and again. Did I tell you that this was my very first visit? Better late than never........


Here too is a glimpse into a corner of my studio with a sweet fabric banner above my kitchen door. I had purchased the word 'ART' but soon afterward, received the word 'LOVE' as a gift for my birthday. It was fun to buy one more letter and then string them all up so it's the first thing I see when I walk through the door each day!

1 comment: