Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Misty Mood



Even though I prefer the sunshine, the mist and fog around here is captivating because of the subtle colors and layering effect. Here then is our most identifiable landmark, the Mendocino Presbyterian Church veiled in fog but prominent nonetheless. I understand that it is the oldest church in California that has been in continuous use since it was built in 1868, though Wikipedia says that it is one of the oldest. Check out the website of the Don McCullough, the current pastor's amazing photography and find out what he does when he's not sharing his heart with the congregation and town. I might have painted this edifice 100 times over the years, but its elegant shape and contrast to the bluffs and surrounding trees pull my trigger every time. 

1 comment:

  1. I too love that scenery in Mendocino.....I had wondered if this was still an active church.

    ReplyDelete