Monday, July 9, 2012

Old but Glowing



I have to say that I am just as big a fan of funky and rustic as fancy and refined. This barn across the street from Leslie's house has caught my eye time and time again, but it wasn't until the morning that I was racing home last week that I decided to finally paint it. She fed me out in the driveway and I did the fastest little sketch on record. Afterwards, I plopped it into one of my pizza boxes (great wet painting carriers) and sped on home. It has been sitting on my shelf awaiting refining, though not in the fancy sense. I just had to push the darks a bit and deal with the barn door that used to be obscured by an unnecessary fence. Now I have the feeling that I do when I look at it in person. I have to add that I am thrilled that a new orchard has been planted on the property as well. So much better than another house!

No comments:

Post a Comment