Friday, March 22, 2013

Mendocino Splendor



There is a roadway that winds along the north western edge of Mendocino and by car it is  beautiful, but on foot it is out of this world. As you peer over the edges of the cliffs there, the rock formations are spectacular in any weather and at any time of day. However, sunset is probably my all time favorite. It's all those yummy, warm colors and that fiery orb as it slips away signaling the end of another glorious day in paradise. Ok, so the water gives you hypothermia unlike the waters of Hawaii, but it's still downright fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh about the hypothermia. We were stationed at Vandenberg AFB when I was a young bride. I was astonished at how cold it was at the beach, even in August. I always said that now I understood why pictures of picnics at the beach showed big driftwood bonfires and people in sweaters. Texas beaches are hot in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete