Sunday, March 17, 2013

South end of the North Coast



This spot on God's green earth has to be one of the most photographed and gasped over views ever. It just happens to be in my neck of the woods and gives me goosebumps each time I'm blessed to see it up close and personal. I've taken my own quote of photos and can find one in just about every one of my albums, boxes or digital files, so it's always at my disposal when I have the hankering to paint it. The scrufty fences that grace our coastline only add to the drama and delight of the haystack rocks and receding bluffs. We love the silver grays of these weathered beauties and feel sad whenever we see them falling down or giving way to rebar and wire. All in all, I live a life of visual ecstasy over here on the western edge.

1 comment:

  1. This one cuts a close second to the paintings you've done which feature the colorful houses w/ the ocean in the background. NICE job, Erin!

    ReplyDelete