Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Westport Bound



The sleepy burg of Westport has to be one of my favorite galivants along this stretch of the coast. This particular ribbon of highway and its views are akin to the west coast of Ireland and take my breath away each and every time. Thankfully, Lee and Doreen have revitalized the old hotel and have made it a very special place to land once you've endured all those curves and scary cliff edges. Dinners Thursday-Saturday nights, high tea on Saturday afternoon and brunch on Sunday make Westport and honest-to-goodness destination nowadays. 
The reason I've been rather sporadic lately is that my cold has been hanging on AND we moved into the house next door. Never a dull nano-second around here, so I also get to escape when I paint these visual vacations.........

No comments:

Post a Comment