Friday, October 4, 2013

Surf's Up



Besides my mother-in-law's birthday, I think I've had a bit of 'painter's block'. I hit the Mendo Paint Out so hard and got so much feedback that I've honestly been reluctant to pick up my brush. I'm not much different than the horse with the carrot held at arm's length, always hoping for more, for better, for excellence. I took my mother-in-law up to Pacific Star today but there was a lot of noise there due to erecting a tent for a Saturday wedding, so I came home instead and found this photo on my iPad from an earlier visit. It was fun to paint a more active surf than what I saw on sight today, so it almost felt like I was there, but a bit better. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, it is ok to take a break. I think we drive ourselves too hard and then we just can't go anymore. At least that is true for me. I still feel burn out after the thirty day challenge.


    This painting is rich and warm; very vibrant. I can even feel the mist in the air from the water spray.

    ReplyDelete