Monday, January 27, 2014

Snippet of Sun



This quintessential Mendocino scene must be my all time favorite. I paint it over and over during different times of year and under different lighting conditions. When we hike up to Mendo Video to snag a fun movie, we pass by this corner and I often carry my camera along 'just in case I'm seized by something'. On one occasion, it was so great to see just a sliver of sunlight behind the houses, radiating against the deep blue sea and calling my name. It's also awesome that no one endeavors to fix the broken down fences around here. Us painters would be up in arms.

2 comments:

  1. I love this one, too, Erin. This is one of many of the houses that you paint where I say to myself ( EACH TIME!): " I want to live there!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you better watch for a "For Sale" sign on this place. I think it belongs to you as well. This is a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete