Saturday, January 26, 2013

Golden Finale



Still sick and just hanging around the house, but today I was finally able to take a 'stumble' around the block as the sun was shining and I just couldn't take it any longer! Then I sat outside on the deck and soaked up some of that warm stuff like you see in my painting and feel drained but so much better. I painted this sunset before I was to leave on my trip and honestly keep forgetting to share it because I've been in a sleepy stupor. Since the very same sun managed to energize me today, it seems fitting to post it at last. I love that there are no dark darks in this piece, just the harmonious warm and cool colors in their light and medium values.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    As the lucky new owner of this gorgeous painting of yours, I wanted to tell you that I bought it as a gift for some friends in China. We hosted a Chinese exchange student for two years and when he graduated from High School this past May, his parents came to visit us for two weeks for graduation. Because we spoke no Chinese and they spoke no English, it was challenging to keep them entertained, but we managed. The highlight of their trip was when we took them to Michigan's Mackinac Island -- a beautiful island on which no cars are allowed and home to The Grand Hotel. Our guests LOVED Mackinac Island, Lakes Michigan and Huron and especially the beautiful blue sky and amazing sunsets and sunrises over the lakes. Therefore, when I was looking for a gift to send them, I wanted to send them something that would remind them of beautiful Michigan and the Great Lakes that surround it. While your painting is actually not Lake Michigan, the sunset you portrayed just as easily could have been viewed from our favorite Lake Michigan Beach, Point Betsie. And so, tomorrow I will package up your beautiful sunset painting and will ship it off to a family on the other side of the world...a world where the sun is rarely visible and the vibrant reds, yellows and oranges of a sunset are rarely seen. I wish I could keep "Golden Finale" for myself, but am happy that our friends will be able to enjoy it and have a reminder of their two weeks in Michigan!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete