Monday, January 7, 2013

Petals Magnifique



The new year is off to a frenetic start and my head is full of all sorts of ways to tame the tempest. Someone told me the other day that I should post once a week and do larger pieces. I've thought of painting 3 times a week instead of 6 and on the off days try to compile the book or books of last year's paintings, something I've been wanting to do for months and never have time for. Just sharing these things with you in case you have some clever ideas on how I might proceed in this endeavor! 
Otherwise, I took a photo that I've had for 20 years and finally had a bit of fun with it today. The flowers were actually sitting on some gray steps and that color just didn't appeal to me, so I used my favorite pea green yellow in order to make those pinks and reds just sing. Now that the dismal hue is done away with, I can actually almost hear the vibration....................ahhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that shade of green w/ pinks - my favorite color combination when it comes to floral pictures. I think your idea of doing paintings 3x wk and then compiling a book, as you've wanted to do, is a GREAT idea! And it gives you the variety that you need. DO IT !
    Love ya, Erin!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete