Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Plumeria and Palms


Click Here to Bid

Right about this time of year, I'm always dreaming of escaping to Hawaii. Typically the weather here is cold and wet and most of us just want to get away. The last 5 days however have been spectacular and I'm happy as a clam to be enjoying every single minute. My husband and I have been lollygagging around Mendocino (at least for an hour here and there!) and our spirits are buoyed up beyond belief. So, to get myself back in the swing of things, I took a visual visit to one of the Hawaiian islands and chose to paint one of those funky houses. I love these little old places with the board and batten siding and foliage all but enveloping the entire property. Many have rusty old jeeps out front, but this time you can imagine that you and have just jumped into the jeep and are off on an adventure, taking a peek at your glorious seaside shack as you peel out to the wild unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment