Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Somebody's Gotta Do It



It's a rough life in the Hawaiian Islands, but somebody's gotta do it right?! I must be dreaming of such an escape and was actually on my way to the warm climes of Tucson but had to turn around and come back home due to a nasty sinus infection. That's why you haven't heard from me, and now that I'm laid low am not sure just how long it will take me to get back to the easel but we can still pass the time imagining ourselves in such an idyllic spot. Even if we don't surf, the whole idea of enjoying the ocean in this way has the ability to calm our frayed nerves and impart a sense of well being don't you think? I LOVE watching surf videos, but you'd NEVER catch me out there. I'm happy to simply bob around in the salty waves closer to shore and just feel all of my cares melt quickly away.................

1 comment:

  1. AHHhhh....you exactly described my feelings about the ocean....soothing and imparting a sense of well-being. And I too am happy just to bob around in the waves close to shore. Growing up in So Calif, I used to swim beyond the waves and bob around out there, but up here in NorCal, we can't do that --- too darn cold and too dangerous. Hawaii - one of those places created specifically by God for US! Someday I'm gonna get back there - was there once - in 2003. Life's been rough since then. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete