Tuesday, June 12, 2012

French Melody



Some years ago I had a hankering to do a painting with red dominance and pulled an image like this out of my head. I love French chairs and shutters, so made them the focal points and did an acrylic painting. I have the painting on the wall of my kitchen, but since today was foggy and cold, decided to warm things up by re-doing that painting in miniature and this time with oil paints. This one is actually quite different, with more textures on the wall and patterns on the tablecloth even though it's so small. Sara sent me a fun article on Provence yesterday and it got my heart a'panting for that lovely region and all that it affords the senses. I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon, so this exercise managed to transport me in a fun and frivolous way.

(Wanted to also apologize for my seen/scene and mite/tad typos yesterday. I was too wrung out to check and re-check!)

No comments:

Post a Comment