Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lawn Ornament




My 12 day adventure began in Mary Lou's garden in Live Oak, California, when Leslie and I taught a lovely group of 14 students. This funky but colorful bike was what caught my eye on the first day, so 
the group got to watch me simplify the background to make the subject matter really stand out. I loved the bright yellow green of the lawn and the shadow that the front tire and flower basket cast on that amazing blanket of light. You'll also get to see some coastal inspirations once I get used to the way I have to post them from afar. Like I said yesterday, this whole tech thing away from home is a bit daunting and I am not able to create an auction for the Daily Paintworks site. Hope you enjoy the visuals in the meantime and I'll get things organized next week when I return. In the meantime, we're loving the beachy environment and feel so blessed to be cared for by dear, dear friends. Vacation mode to the max......................sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Erin! I like the diagonal which makes the bike look like it's actually going up a hill. Your edges are nice and you did a great job of making the bike the center of interest.

    ReplyDelete