Friday, June 22, 2012

Misty Headlands


In preparation for an 11 day teaching and painting trip that I've just embarked on, I went out early yesterday morning to capture the headlands on location even before I ate breakfast. I was excited to see the early morning light and sped to a spot just north of Mendocino where there is a perfect pull out for me to do a drive-by painting. (My mother-in-law actually thought I was driving AND painting at the same time)(So funny)
Anyhow, as I was making the two minute trip, the fog began to cover the sun and when I arrived, the scene was all but blanketed. I must say though, that the mist created some wonderful layers in the background and I rather like the subtlety of the whole panorama. I'm sure hoping that you do too.

1 comment:

  1. I can "feel" the sun TRYING to shine thru the fog layer in this one, Erin! ;o)

    ReplyDelete