Thursday, June 7, 2012

Heavenly Hillside



Yet another idyllic place that you wished you owned a little piece of. This is Poros Island in the Saronic Gulf of Greece. I discovered it in 1992 by responding to an ad in an art magazine for a painting holiday led by Pamela Rogers. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life to revel in the beauty and antiquity of that unspoiled little corner of the world. The light...........the water...........the boats............. the whitewashed villas...............the tavernas and their amazing food................the hills that climb up from the depths, dotted with sheep and goats, cypress and olive trees. So much to take in, so I did it in little bites every few years and she has become one of my dearest friends on earth. This is the view from her art studio window which I painted on location a few years ago and now offer a tiny version in order to 'visit' there again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment