Monday, November 19, 2012

Golden Hillcrests



I live in a place that requires a person to take one of four 'Dramamine Drives' to get here. While two are heavily traveled and one takes a lot longer, the roadway in this painting is much quieter and happens to be my favorite. It is highway 253 that connects Ukiah with Boonville and it affords one glorious hillside vista after another especially at this time of day. It ain't easy shooting into the blistering sunlight, but I manage to block the orb with one hand while I click with the other and often end up with something I can work with. The result is almost monochromatic, but the warm russet tones really are the dancing ticket don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love that phrase "dramamine drives". I know just what you are talking about. I grew up on the flat plains of Texas, and every time I take a twisty mountain road, I'm pushing holes in the floor with my feet.

    Love the glow in this painting. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete