Tuesday, November 20, 2012

South Facing Splendor



Bopping down toward the ocean on Ukiah Street in Mendocino, these lovely Victorian 'ladies' greet the southern sunshine with sincere appreciation. For those of us on the north coast, having a house that faces south is a true blessing because we want all the sun we can get. My house is pretty much shady on the south side (rats), but the west is wide open to the sea and sky which makes up for it, almost. Who can honestly complain with daily sights such as this though???? Especially during the week of Thanksgiving, I am very grateful for every visual and literal feast set before me.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the same scene that you painted this summer, but the houses are different colors, right? It was one of my FAVORITE paintings..and for some reason, it didn't sell for as long as I was checking on it. I love that scene !! Nice job once again, Erin!
    Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete