Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Walk in the Forest



Those of you that know me know that you can count on one hand the times I've painted redwood trees. It's just a tough subject, trying to arrange those massive trunks and their foliage into interesting arrangements that aren't too busy. I've had fun these last couple of times and hope to go out into the woods and vineyards tomorrow to do some photography for future possibilities, plus do some painting if this amazing weather holds. My studio is upstairs and even with cross ventilation, it's been pretty hot these past couple of weeks so it will be fun to be out 'en plein air' and all that being on location brings to the work. Stay tuned and Happy November!
One more thing. I've donated a painting toward the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Check out the paintings on Daily Paintworks and reach out in a fun and creative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment