Friday, November 23, 2012

Mouth Watering Mocha



I wanted to paint something simple yet inviting today, so I settled on a subject that is near and dear to many of us. This my friends is comfort in a cup, a real splurge which is beyond the daily ritual. Ordering one of these is reserved for one of those special days when you're sharing time with a good friend, or possibly recovering from an onslaught of house guests and the aftermath created! Our family took a walk into Mendocino Thanksgiving morning and I ordered a Peppermint tea latte because caffeine and I just don't get along. I might need something stronger once everyone has gone back home but in the meantime painting such a sumptuous cup is a true delight and I hope it cheers you up. 

1 comment:

  1. You and I are alike in many ways. Altho I love a good cuppa joe, if it has caffeine in it, I'll "pay" for it later in the middle of the night when I wake up w/ my feet and hands (extremeties) feeling like poison is shooting out of them...like Edward Scissorhands. Even if that caffeinated Joe is only ONE cup in the morning. Too much chocolate will do the same thing, and the common denominator is caffeine. Sad. So I stick pretty much to a good decaf, b/c I love the taste of coffee but don't need the "hype" of the caffeine to get me going.

    ReplyDelete