Saturday, December 22, 2012

Captivating Crystal Cove



We discovered this gem of California about 10 years ago and have visited many times since. I've done several paintings in various sizes of the ramshackle cottages along this glorious stretch of coastline and never tire of this theme. The 1988 film "Beaches" with Bette Midler was filmed there and the feeling portrayed harkens back to a simpler time showcasing the quintessential beach cottage of all our dreams. It has now become a State Park and people can rent the refurbished cottages if they can navigate the website with it's lottery system. I've tried and have given up, but I continue to visit and while away the golden hours with my camera or easel and gooey paint.
You won't be hearing from me for about a week or so, but have yourselves a lovely time of slowing down and cherishing those you love. Please know that I'll be thinking of you with great fondness.

No comments:

Post a Comment