Thursday, October 18, 2012

Afternoon Mooring



Some sweet friends took me out to lunch today and we chose Silver's at the Wharf because of the view and the fantabulous "Coastal Salad" they make. We got to sit out on the deck as this rare summer weather just keeps hanging on and it was a real treat. Seagulls and fishing boats coupled with the deep blue green water and salt air definitely buoy the spirit right up. (did you catch that?) We relished every minute and every bite and though I'd forgotten to take my painting panels with me, was able to snap this shot and go straight home to do the painting. It was almost like being there and I hope you get the same sensation while allowing my descriptions to sail you right away.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! A "strong" picture - shows the boat's "strength" and pride to be what it is - a Mendocino fishing boat!
    And yes, I caught your "word artistry" as well, Erin - you ARE a WORD ARTIST as well as a fine arts artist....I really enjoy reading what you put as captions by your paintings. Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete