Friday, October 12, 2012

Mendocino Moonrise



Even though I'm pretty much scared of horses, I am finally back in the saddle. I've been thrown off my routine, but thankfully not for good. This painting was inspired by a rash of photos I'd taken not long ago when the rising of the moon over Mendocino Bay was spectacular. I just ran from one vantage point to the other to try different ways of arranging the masses of land, the beach and the islands. Each angle was as good as the next and the whole experience was exhilarating to say the least. I hope you get at least a little bit of that same feeling as you gaze at my chunky-ish strokes and feel like dancing an Irish jig.


1 comment:

  1. You captured it!! GREAT job, Erin! I would love to have been there "in person" to have seen this moon over the bay!

    ReplyDelete