Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Little Weathered Barns



It's hard to imagine that these small structures take a real beating most of the year since they are sitting there 'baking' in my newest painting. It must have been 80 degrees while I was out painting and both my bones and their ancient bones were certainly appreciative. Mendocino has a historical review board that makes sure that renovations are in keeping with the original designs from long ago, and these humble buildings have been lovingly attended to. They happen to be within spitting distance of my house, but it was fun to finally paint something that I had never painted before - rustic and understated as they are. Kind of poetic and simple.


1 comment:

  1. Oh MY, Erin! What a CONTRAST w/ that blue ocean behind that weathered little barn and the brown grass ! It's SUPER!!! I wish I were wealthy - I would buy so MANY of your paintings. Was at Rick and Terri's this past weekend and walked thru their house, admiring all the "Erin" paintings that they own.

    ReplyDelete