Monday, October 15, 2012

Lavender at Sunset



Now which saddle was it that I was supposedly back in anyhow? I guess I'm still discombobulated from the long time away and have been distracted. I do have to admit that Saturday was a worthwhile day of distraction as our dear friends Phil and Joan came to visit and treated us to a sumptuous concert right here in Podunk California. We welcomed Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas to our humble berg and through their musical mastery were transported to the highlands and moors. Fiddle and cello like YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD before, WOW. I told our friends that I would be crying more if I'd brought along more tissues. This story has nothing to do with today's painting but what I offer here is a subject near and dear to me that needs no explanation. I hope to paint the musicians that I was blessed to see, as I snapped a few photos on that enthralling night that slipped by me without my posting this painting of more of that yummy purple stuff. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment