Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Happiness



My very first post back in February was called "Happiness in a Vase" and a sunflower is also starring in today's feature. Flowers are a good excuse for extravagant color and they truly lift our spirits don't they? I'm moving a bit slow the last coupla days due to all that traveling and I just wanted to paint something lively to liven myself up and I think it worked. The sun is streaming through my seaside windows, the back door to the deck has been open to bring in the fabulous fall air and I've relished painting at home in my kitchen today. I don't have an official home studio, but the westerly afternoon glow is a sun-loving artist's delight. Sigh.






1 comment:

  1. Your colors are SO well-balanced, Erin!
    NICE job!
    Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete