Sunday, October 7, 2012

September's Warm Light

 
You're right. I forgot to post yesterday and it's all because I'm having way too much fun up here in Portland visiting lots of people and soaking up lots of sun and wind. It is definitely the fall season here and the leaves wouldn't fall off the trees if the wind didn't visit in full force. We drove out to Multnomah Falls today and experienced the majesty of cascading water against steep cliffs lined with amber colored leaves flickering against the cobalt blue sky. Yesterday we spent our 2nd day along the Columbia River at Jantzen Beach enjoying a cafe within the harbor area and delighted ourselves with the variety of boats and sea life against the glorious backdrop of Mt. Hood. What on earth does any of this have to do with the painting above? Well, nothing really. I brought this along with me so that I could just spend time lollygagging. However, it is also a late summer scene in another amazing Napa Valley location and I hope you enjoy this visual along with the description of what's been going on today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment