Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Royally Red Vines



I must be on a fall vineyard kick now as I'm missing the current happenings out there in vineyardland. I haven't needed to drive outside of town, so I've been leafing through my photos of the autumn colors and it feels almost the same as being there. It's all rainy and bleak outside, but my studio is warm and cozy as I listen to Phil Keaggy on Pandora Radio. This piece is a scene from the home ranch of the Seghesio Winery near Geyserville and I love painting it because back lighting really gets to me in a big way. I have no idea what varietal turns this color in October and November, but isn't it out of this world???

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin
    Just jumped on board last week. Great colors in today's post.
    I, too, love to listen to soft guitar music while in the studio so thanks for the intro to Phil Keaggy. I created a Pandora station. Here's another guitarist I think you'll enjoy on Pandora... Keola Beamer.
    Keep up the good work,
    Buddy
    Just outside Philadelphia, PA
    gnote9@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backlighting is what makes this look so "alive" ! NICE job, Erin!

    ReplyDelete