Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Looking Heavenward



I couldn't get that heavenly sky out of my mind, so decided to try and paint it and continue to work through the ache in my heart. Wouldn't you know that my husband and I had a bit of a tiff in the process. Learning to not lean on my own understanding and that involves relinquishing the illusion of control I have over 'things'. Learning to choose to accept each step as a gift, even if it's tough and thanking you for sharing snippets of this path with me. May your week be blessed with the love of family and friends and the coming year bring and awareness of all things bright and beautiful. 
I must share a wonderful quote I saw today on Facebook that I hope ties things together:

"When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit and trust the engineer." - Corrie ten Boom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin - This is the one I LOVE! :) Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I now have another item to add to my What-Do-You-Want-For(fill in the blank)Mom? List. :) Your work is stunning.
    Thanks,
    MA

    ReplyDelete