Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dreamy Tuscan Light



I tried out another of my new paintbrushes, this one small again and by the brand Raphael. That alone had some bearing on how I used it and U'm happy to say that  it behaved somewhat like a larger brush because it was hefty. I really liked using it and feel like the end result of this new piece is more gestural than earlier pieces with a similar type brush. I guess I'm just all discombobulated because of my finger painting and would really just rather don some latex gloves and go for it from here on out! The bottom line though is all about the light, the space divisions and the ratio of darks to lights. If all the ingredients are right, the painting tool can be just about anything. Picasso said that it took him his whole life to learn how to paint like a child.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely light, Erin. I just got back from a painting trip to Italy!

    ReplyDelete