Saturday, September 22, 2012

Green Tea & the Sports page



Alright peeps, now you see that I actually do paint figures once in awhile. I have no idea who this guy is, but he was in the right kind of light at the Headlands Coffeehouse across the street from my studio and I did a walk by shooting with my trusty camera. He had no idea and probably never will. I was inspired to do something different today because of a fabulous dinner my Dad treated us to last night at 'The Restaurant' here in Fort Bragg. They have been in business for over 39 years and the place is adorned with many great paintings done by the late Olaf Palm, all figures. I love how Olaf gravitated toward scenes from everyday life and this particular part of town is full of inspirational subject matter!


1 comment:

  1. I wondered if you painted people - now I know. You do a GREAT job, Erin! I love the pose and expression that you caught of this man in your painting!

    ReplyDelete