Sunday, May 20, 2012

Irish Stone Walls



Back to my newly discovered Irish roots, to an inspirational spot along the Dingle Peninsula. I have the sea to my back as I gaze up into the hills that are have been adorned for centuries with these winding stone walls that separate small plots of land. Sometimes there are sheep or cows within the enclosures, but more often they are just zig zagging up and down the hills in haphazard fashion and giving the land a glorious sense of antiquity. Leslie and I stayed close to this spot and heard our innkeeper tell us that her kids were extras in the film 'Far and Away' that was filmed on the beach just below my scene. 'Ryan's Daughter' was also filmed in the same area, so you can see why we settled on this location to drink up some visual vitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment