Saturday, May 12, 2012

One Blustery Day



The fog came in today and since I'm a fair weather painter, I opted for my 2nd story studio with the warmth and comfort it affords. This scene is certainly a cousin to several that preceded it, though each little village lane has its own personality. Simply put, Mendocino is a picture postcard kind of town and everywhere you look, there is a painting waiting to happen. Actually MANY paintings can be made from one single plot measuring 3x3 feet as in each direction there is something wonderful to capture. I did that one time in Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard as I stood in one spot and did 4 paintings. Those east coasters are who settled this stretch of our coast, so it's no wonder they are visual cousins too................

No comments:

Post a Comment