Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beachy and Beautiful



Being a Northern California girl, it was late in life that I discovered one of Southern Cal's most amazing sights. It was because of another artist's painting that I found out about this place and promptly bought a print as a memento. My dear friend Colleen remarked that it looked like the cottage where the movie "Beaches" was filmed, and sure enough it was. We ventured out to this hidden enclave and took about 100 photos in twenty minutes time. It is north of Laguna and south of Newport Beach and hidden from the highway, so you'd never see it if you didn't know about it. It's a beach cottage community that's been there for about 100 years and has gone through many changes over time though at present is part of the State Park system. All I can say is that it is a painter's dream-scape and I'll keep painting it so that I can keep that perfect summer vacation feeling alive in my heart and yours.

1 comment:

  1. This painting now makes me want to go FIND that beach cottage, Erin! NICE work! Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete