Saturday, March 10, 2012

Loving the Country



This painting is a result of a road trip I took with my buddy Jennifer a while back to a stretch of the California coast a couple hours south of where I live. This is a scene as you approach the tiny hamlet of Tomales and it was thrilling to see this as we rounded a bend in the road. I shouted to Jennifer to stop the car so that I could jump out and shoot up the place with my camera. This is that time of day when the light is fading fast, so you have to act like a maniac to get as many shots as possible in the shortest amount of time so that the trip was worthwhile! Hope you enjoy the texture on this one as the whole painting was done with a palette knife.   

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that drive to the Tomales and Dillon's Beach areas!! It's only about 20 minutes south of me...sometimes I drive it just for the sheer pleasure of seeing all that rolling coastal hills beauty! It always brings a prayer of "Thanks, God!" to my lips. Nice work, Erin!

    ReplyDelete